Upgrading to Cerb6
From Cerb Wiki
Check your license expiration
From Cerb2 or Cerb3
If you're still running Cerb2 or Cerb3 then the Cerb6 upgrade process is the same as the Cerb4/Cerb5 process. This is required because the 4.x/5.x/6.x database is in an entirely different format. Read the instructions on upgrading from 2.x/3.x to Cerb4/5. You will need to install Cerb6 first.
From Cerb4 / Cerb5
- The database is upgradeable (e.g. no tedious migration necessary).
- The filesystem is not upgradeable.
- The source code repositories (GitHub and Subversion) have moved.
- Make a backup!!
- Download the Cerb6 files and install them in a new location.
svn co "https://github.com/wgm/cerb6.git/branches/stable" cerb6
git clone "http://github.com/wgm/cerb6.git" cerb6
- Copy the following settings from /cerb5/framework.config.php to /cerb6/framework.config.php:
APP_DB_DRIVER APP_DB_HOST APP_DB_DATABASE APP_DB_USER APP_DB_PASS' APP_DB_PCONNECT LANG_CHARSET_CODE DB_CHARSET_CODE
NOTE: If you haven't upgraded your Cerb4 database to UTF-8 yet, now would be a good time to do that.
- Move your custom plugins from /cerb4/plugins to /cerb6/storage/plugins (Move only any custom plugins you have developed. Do not move the default plugins.)
- Copy /cerb4/storage/attachments/* to /cerb6/storage/attachments (do not copy the hidden /storage/attachments/.svn directory)
- You could use rsync to do this, since it has the nice -C option, which ignores any SVN or CVS files. (see man rsync)
- For example:
[root@cerberus html]# rsync -aCv cerb4/storage/attachments/ cerb6/storage/attachments/
- You will want to clear you cache Clearing_the_cache as well
- All the /cerb6 files should be readable by your webserver user.
- All the contents of the /cerb6/storage directory should be writeable by your webserver user.
- If you're running Apache with mod_rewrite enabled, simply copy the /cerb6/.htaccess-dist file to /cerb6/.htaccess and your helpdesk URLs should become prettier (i.e., /cerb6/index.php/tickets becomes /cerb6/tickets).
- Open http://www.example.com/cerb6/ in your web browser and the system will patch itself.