Cerberus Helpdesk provides an extensible Import/Export (ImpEx) tool which is used to convert data (e.g. tickets, messages, attachments, comments, orgs, contacts) from other systems into a simple, generic XML file format that's importable by Cerb4/5. This means that the official importer only needs to be maintained in a single place, regardless of the number of exporters that are supported. Community members who want to import data from a new source only need to provide a small driver to convert their datasource into many small XML files that follow simple conventions.
The ImpEx tool is written in Java to avoid the memory and time limitations imposed by PHP5, while retaining cross-platform support.
- A Unix-based or Windows-based server.
- Database read access from your source.
- Filesystem write access with at least as much disk space free as the size of your database.
- Shell or console access.
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.5 or later.
- A clean Cerberus Helpdesk installation.
Obtaining the ImpEx Tool
- Download the latest ImpEx archive from http://github.com/wgm/cerb4-impex and click the Download Zip button
- Place a copy in a new directory on your server.
- Extract the archive:
unzip Cerb4-ImpEx.zip cd Cerb4-ImpEx
- Confirm Java 1.5+ is installed:
- Exporting from Cerb2 or Cerb3
- Exporting from Kayako eSupport
- Exporting from osTicket
- Exporting from Zendesk
- Exporting from LDAP
- Exporting from Request Tracker
- Exporting from Jira